- There is new way to place money on a current inmate account! See the attached explanation sheet, follow the directions to the website, and you are on your way to giving your loved one a monetary gift from your home computer!.
New Deposit JAIL ATM (Click here)
- All MAILED funds for an inmate must be mailed through the U.S. Postal Service or delivered via FedEx or UPS. All funds mailed to the inmate must be in the form of a money order or cashier's check. No cash, personal checks or other drafts will be accepted. The money order or cashier's check should be made payable to the inmate.
- The Kiosk machine is located in the main lobby for deposits of inmate funds for commissary. Kiosk is Cash, Credit or Debit ONLY. Kiosk in the lobby is 8am – 8:20pm Monday – Friday. Kiosk in the front door is 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Inmate Mail Policy:
- Incoming mail is received Monday – Saturday (except holidays). A staff member will deliver incoming mail within 24 hours after it is received.
- When corresponding with inmates at this facility there are guidelines and restrictions on mail. While there is no restriction on the amount of mail an inmate may send or receive, there is a restriction on the size of certain mail coming into the facility (restriction does not apply to legal / privileged mail.).
- Only actual correspondence should be enclosed in the envelope which includes pictures, single fold cards, money orders and religious materials.
- Money orders / certified checks that are received will be removed from incoming mail and credited to the inmate’s account.
- Incoming mail to which any of the following apply will be rejected and placed in the inmate’s personal property or returned to the sender:
- Padded / protected envelopes or flats are NOT permitted and will be refused and returned to sender unopened.
- No cash or personal checks should be sent through the mail, if received it will be returned to sender.
- Inmates may not receive or keep in their possession more than (20) photos at any given time.
- Pictures must be no larger than 4x6. Nude, partially nude, sexually explicit or pictures from Social media sites are NOT permitted.
- Polaroid photos are NOT accepted at any time.
- Inmates may not receive Blank envelopes, Blank paper, Postage stamps or, Pre-paid envelopes, these items can be purchased through commissary.
- Cards are not to exceed 8x10 inches in size and/or consisting of two or more folds, glued backs, any other type of adhesives, which includes stickers (address labels), ribbons, thread, removable decorations, or mechanical devices, such as musical cards, are not permitted.
- Internet material (excluding religious), song lyrics, sports schedules, gambling materials, social media, etc... Are not permitted.
- Puzzle / coloring pages are not permitted. An inmate may place a book request to obtain approval for these items.
- If glue, stickers, which includes address labels, white-out, lipstick, perfume / cologne, glitter, or any foreign substances are present (this includes greeting cards and, envelopes) all contents will be returned to sender unopened or placed in property.
If any of the above items are received via incoming mail these items will be placed in the inmate’s personal property, along with ALL contents (excluding money orders / certified checks). The inmate will be notified of any item(s) which has been refused and the reason for the refusal.
- If mailing via the U.S. Postal Service, the envelope should be addressed as follows:
SENDER’S FULL NAME STAMP
SENDER’S FULL ADDRESS
INMATE’S FULL LEGAL NAME
INMATE’S ID NUMBER
C/O RAPPAHANNOCK REGIONAL JAIL
P.O. BOX 3300
STAFFORD, VA 22555
- Please use your correct return name and address as well as the inmate’s correct legal name and ID number if these items are not correct the mail will be returned to sender unopened.
- Inmates must receive prior approval for Books, Newspapers, and Magazines to be accepted into the facility.
- Approval is to be obtained by the inmate by submitting a request form. Family members cannot obtain approval for the inmate.
- Books must be New and soft backed.
- No hardback books are accepted at any time.
- ALL books/newspapers/magazines must be ordered from a publisher or bookstore and sent directly to the facility after the inmate obtains the approval.
**NOT ALL EXCLUSIVE, UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE SUPERINTENDENT OR DESIGNEE**